ICANLOCALIZE Trademark Usage Principles
OnTheGoSystems Limited owns and oversees the ICANLOCALIZE trademark. Thus, any use of the name as part of any project, product, service, domain or company name being the same or similar to the ICANLOCALIZE trademark is unauthorized.
However, OnTheGoSystems Limited applies several principles for allowing use of the mark.
The following clarifies how OnTheGoSystems-related businesses and projects are allowed to use the ICANLOCALIZE name, and how OnTheGoSystems-related businesses and projects may not.
- OnTheGoSystems Limited is interested for others to use the ICANLOCALIZE trademark in a manner that will promote the business of OnTheGoSystems Limited.
- OnTheGoSystems Limited is interested in denying anyone use of the ICANLOCALIZE name to unfairly profit or confuse those looking for official OnTheGoSystems resources.
ICANLOCALIZE Trademark Usage Policy
OnTheGoSystems Limited will prevent unauthorized use of the name as part of any project, product, service, domain or company name being the same or similar to the ICANLOCALIZE trademark.
However, OnTheGoSystems Limited may grant permission to a person or to a corporation (herein “user”) to use the ICANLOCALIZE name for projects meeting all the following criteria:
- The user’s project promotes OnTheGoSystems products and services
- The user’s project is non-commercial in nature, excluding covering costs or contributing to non-profit entities. Use of the ICANLOCALIZE mark for any project that runs for profit is regarded as unauthorized use.
- The user’s project does not promote entities that fail to comply with the GPL (General Public License) license.
- The user’s project is not associated with entities that fail to comply with the GPL license.
ICANLOCALIZE Trademark Permitted Usage
If the user’s project meets all of these criteria, OnTheGoSystems Limited permits use of the ICANLOCALIZE name for any use that is not as part of a domain name.
The permitted use of the ICANLOCALIZE name is only for referring to, and / or explaining the services of the user. The user is not allowed to use the ICANLOCALIZE name as part of a product, project, service, domain, or company name. The user is not allowed to use the ICANLOCALIZE name in any way that suggests an affiliation with or endorsement by OnTheGoSystems Limited or OnTheGoSystems open source project.
Examples of permitted projects are officially recognized OnTheGoSystems communities that are dedicated to the distribution of OnTheGoSystems in their respective countries.
Examples of ICANLOCALIZE Trademark Permitted Usage
No user is allowed to use the ICANLOCALIZE name as part of a domain name, or use the trademark in advertising.SummaryThe policy is not intended to limit commercial activity around OnTheGoSystems. OnTheGoSystems encourages OnTheGoSystems-based businesses, and many of them are thriving in compliance with this policy.
The abbreviation “WP” is not covered by the ICANLOCALIZE trademark, and is free for use in any way.
If in doubt about your use of the ICANLOCALIZE name, please contact OnTheGoSystems Limited for clarification.