CRED Trademark Usage Principles
OnTheGoSystems Limited owns and oversees the CRED trademark. Thus, any use of the name as part of any project, product, service, domain or company name being the same or similar to the CRED trademark is unauthorized. However, OnTheGoSystems Limited applies several principles for allowing use of the mark.
The following clarifies how OnTheGoSystems-related businesses and projects are allowed to use the CRED name, and how OnTheGoSystems-related businesses and projects may not.
- OnTheGoSystems Limited is interested for others to use the CRED trademark in a manner that will promote the business of OnTheGoSystems Limited.
- OnTheGoSystems Limited is interested in denying anyone use of the CRED name to unfairly profit or confuse those looking for official OnTheGoSystems resources.
CRED Trademark Usage Policy
OnTheGoSystems Limited will prevent unauthorized use of the name as part of any project, product, service, domain or company name being the same or similar to the CRED trademark.
However, OnTheGoSystems Limited may grant permission to a person or to a corporation (herein “user”) to use the CRED name for projects meeting ALL of the following criteria:
- The user’s project promotes OnTheGoSystems products and services
- The user’s project is non-commercial in nature, excluding covering costs or contributing to non-profit entities. Use of the CRED mark for any project that runs for profit is regarded as unauthorized use.
- The user’s project does not promote entities that fail to comply with the GPL (General Public License) license.
- The user’s project is not associated with entities that fail to comply with the GPL license.
CRED Trademark Permitted Usage
If the user’s project meets all of these criteria, OnTheGoSystems Limited permits use of the CRED name for any use that is not as part of a domain name.
The permitted use of the CRED name is only for referring to, and / or explaining the services of the user. The user is not allowed to use the CRED name as part of a product, project, service, domain, or company name. The user is not allowed to use the CRED name in any way that suggests an affiliation with or endorsement by OnTheGoSystems Limited or the OnTheGoSystems open source project.
Examples of CRED Trademark Permitted Usage
For example, a user being a consulting company may describe its business as a Web services company, offering products or services under CRED consulting for small businesses; the user being a consulting company may not call its business “The CRED Consulting Company.”
A user may mention the CRED name as part of a page that describes the user’s products or services; the user may not use the CRED name as part of the user’s company or product branding itself.
No user is allowed to use the CRED name as part of a domain name, or use the trademark in advertising.
The policy is not intended to limit commercial activity around OnTheGoSystems. OnTheGoSystems encourages OnTheGoSystems-based businesses, and many of them are thriving in compliance with this policy.
The abbreviation “WP” is not covered by the CRED trademark, and is free for use in any way.
If in doubt about your use of the CRED name, please contact OnTheGoSystems Limited for clarification.